Friday, September 23, 2016

Do I say “he” or “she”….????

I’m sure most of you have probably heard of the passing of Alexis (Robert) Arquette. Well, maybe you haven’t…I mean, he wasn’t exactly an A-List actor. Wait, should I have said her? Or actress? I’m so confused. Actually no, I’m not the confused one, but there are hoards of people who are mighty confused on this whole “transgender” topic.
A couple days ago I was on Facebook scrolling through trending news stories (most of which aren’t even close to trend worthy), when I came across the story of Robert Arquette, the transgender member of the famous Hollywood Arquettes. He passed away on Sept. 11th of cardiac arrest…the thing is that’s what everyone dies of. Cardiac arrest means your heart stopped beating. The real cause of death is what prompted your heart to stop beating, and in Robert’s case it was due to his 29 year battle with HIV which weakened his heart and caused it to become susceptible to infection. So he died of AIDS. Obviously it’s sad, heck it’s sad when anyone kicks the bucket. My sincere thoughts and prayers go out to the Arquette family.
But this post isn’t meant to be about Robert Arquette…it’s about what has been said on social media since his death.
One of the articles on his death came from a news site in the UK. The headline mentioned that “he” died. All hell broke loose after that. Tons of people were commenting that the site used the wrong pronoun, that Arquette was a “she” and not a “he”, how the use of “he” was disrespectful and hurtful. Blah..Blah..Blah..
I decided to make a quick reply to that post in which I simply stated the obvious…”He’s a dude, get over it.” Cue the liberal crazies!!
My simple observation led to people burning me at the social media stake. The words ignorant and bigot were thrown at me. Me? A bigot? Certainly not. Ignorant? Perhaps on some topics, but not this one.
There was one person in particular who decided to write an essay worth of posts on how wrong I was to say the word “he”. Obviously don’t have the time or patience to post every word they said but the one thing that stuck out the most was how they tried to make a case that we get to choose our own genders and it’s wrong for doctors to assign genders at birth. No, seriously, this liberal loon said that.
This is what our society has began developing into, and it’s scary as hell. There is this strange movement happening around us and it is dangerous. Of course there are some people out there who just read that I wrote dangerous and they are probably thinking I am talking about gay people being dangerous or trans people being dangerous….Let me stop you right there…NO, that is NOT what I mean.
Let me try to explain this the best possible way I can using facts and common sense…the two go together hand in hand you know. So, as we are developing in the womb there comes a point where ovaries stay in place as ovaries, or they drop and are testicles…I’ll just say balls, they drop and become balls. Anywho, our gender is based on our chromosomes…XX means you’re a female, XY means you’re a male. Let’s so over that one more time…XX=Vagina, breasts, ovaries, uterus and XY=Balls, Penis, deep voice, hairy face, Adam’s apple. Oh and prostate, can’t forget the prostate.
When someone who is a man says that they identify with being a female it’s called “Gender Dysphoria”— A condition in which mentally and emotionally a person strongly desires and believes to be the opposite sex. Basically, it’s a mental illness. There have been tons of studies and medical papers written on the subject so I’m totally not making this up. Transgender = Mental disorder AND THAT’S OK! Can’t blame someone for being ill, physically or mentally, ill is ill.
People debate the heck outta this whole thing and it’s clear that not everyone is going to agree on the same thing. Yes, there are people out there who honestly believe that people can be born in the wrong body or that you have the power to change who you are biologically. DNA doesn’t lie….you can change your appearance, you can change your name, you can change your underwear BUT you cannot change your DNA.
All of the hate from the left on this topic doesn’t really stem from the biological aspect of gender though. They may acknowledge that, yes, your DNA says one thing, however, you have the power to change how people perceive you. Which is true to an extent…I mean, a dude can get boobs, grow his hair long, and wear a ton of makeup and when he is seen in public people would most likely perceive him as a woman. The whole problem with the actions of the left is that they are forcefully trying to make society agree that if a man says he is a woman that he is, most definitely, a woman. To disagree and say no, the dude is a dude is seen as hate speech. Because, you know, any type of facts that enter this equation should be thrown out because facts are mean, facts are bullies. Right? Well, in the eyes of the politically correct crowd they are.
I’m an ignorant bigot because I said Robert Arquette was a man.
When it comes to what other people choose to do with themselves or with their lives it is none of my business. I don’t care what they do, how they dress, etc. I went to the grocery store yesterday in a pair of Scooby Doo pajama pants and neon green crocs…I got a few stares and was pretty sure someone thought I was homeless because I paid for a gallon of milk with change. Do I care what people think of me? How they perceive me? Going on physical appearance, no, I don’t care. Gotta be honest though, I kinda don’t appreciate being called a bigot….so nope, don’t care what people perceive me as based on how I look but do somewhat care when strangers attack my character. Looks aren’t important in life, but character is.
This pronoun war has got to stop. Don’t get your panties in a wad because someone called a man a he. Our children are being taught that gender can be changed, that it’s ok to be a girl one day, a boy the next, and on the third day you can be a parakeet. That’s not how it works. God made man and woman for a reason…they get together, have babies, populate the Earth. People who choose to stray from that and try to live as something they are not—that’s their business. But DON'T force people to go along with it…you CAN'T force people to go along with it. For someone to be honest when referring to a man as a man, it doesn’t have anything to do with hate, it’s simply a person stating a fact. Was Robert Arquette a man? Yes. Do I hate Robert Arquette? Ummm…I didn’t even know Robert Arquette so how could I hate him?